- Checks for the winning applicant's scholarship will be mailed in late July from NGC Headquarters to the Financial Aid Office of the institution at which the student is enrolled. No funds will be sent directly to the student.
- All funds will be distributed by the Financial Aid Office according to the particular school's term-system, unless the student has only one term remaining before the completion of the degree.
- In the event of a change in a student's major to one other than those listed above, or if the student withdraws from school; the balance of the funds must be returned to National Garden Clubs.
- The Student and Financial Aid Officer will determine how the money is to be spent: tuition, food, housing, books, etc.
Student Applications Due: February 1
The following documents must be submitted, single side pages only:
1. NGC Scholarship Application Form
2. Financial Aid Form
3. Complete academic transcripts
4. Letter from applicant, limit of one page only
5. List of extracurricular activities, honors, recognitions received within the last three years
6. Two letters of recommendation
- Complete online application and upload documents as listed above.
- When a student reapplies for a scholarship (whether the applicant is or is not a previous winner), a complete new and updated application must be submitted.
- Complete Online Fillable Application Form
- NGC Application Form must be used
- All fields must be completed
Financial Aid Form
- Must be complete with all questions answered
- Signed by student
- Complete to the best of your ability and be prepared to substantiate estimates.
If Financial Aid information is not available before the application deadline, information from the previous academic year may be used with the notation that it is an estimate based on the previous year.
- Academic transcripts
- Transcripts must include the latest grading period.
- Graduate students must include undergraduate transcripts
Letter from Applicant
- Limit: 1 page only
- Discuss background, educational and career goals and financial need
List of Activities
- Limit: 2 pages
- List to include only items for the last 3 years
- Students returning to school after an absence can list work experience and activities
Letters of Recommendation
- Limit: 2 letters, 1 page each
- Discuss scholastic ability, personal character, work-related experience
Fill out the online Scholarship Application here, or download the PDF Scholarship Application Form below.
National Scholarship Chairman:
Scholarship Application Forms:
State Scholarship Chairman Contact Information