Plant America Community Project Grants
Congratulations to the 2021 Plant America Grant Winners!
See the list of 2021 Plant America Grant winners here,
Grant Guidelines for 2021-2022
Through Plant America Grants, up to $1,000.00 is made available to be used for direct expenses of projects. Projects submitted for receiving a grant may be a joint venture with another organization/s. The scope of these projects in communities may include:
- Beautification and/or restoration
- Community gardens
- School gardens/classrooms
- Landscaping for Habitat for Humanity Homes
- Landscaping of Blue Star Memorial Markers
- Implementation of environmental practices
- A horticulture or environmental educational event for the public
Who May Apply:
- Individual and Near Garden Clubs that are members of National Garden Clubs, Inc.
- Please note that recipients of previous PLANT AMERICA Community Project Grants are not eligible to apply.
Submitting Your Application
Applications must be limited to a total of two pages:
- Your Plant America Application Form
- Your project budget
Applications of more than two pages will not be considered. Photos should not be submitted with your application.
Completed application forms and project budgets must be submitted to:
David Robson, Plant America Project Grant Chairman
Applications must be submitted by October 15, 2021.
- Grant recipients will be notified, and all money will be awarded by January 31, 2022.
- Projects must be completed by February 28, 2023
- Final report forms must be submitted by April 1, 2023.
Scale of Points
Benefit and visibility within community
Impact and scope of project
Participation of club members
Collaboration with community groups
Complete application form
Grants will not be provided for:
- Projects in which the club does not participate in some aspect
- Purchase of Blue or Gold Star Markers
- Competitive Flower Shows
- Scout projects
- Salaries of benefits of personnel
- Political action programs
- Capital drives and fund building
- Scholarships and endowments
- Private gardens
- Lawsuits and litigation
- Overhead costs
Projects must be completed by February 28, 2023, and final report forms are due by April 1, 2023. Please submit the following by email:
- A short two to three page report describing the project, including photos
- A copy of the final financial report including all income and expenses
- A copy of any publicity
Please indicate if permission has been given for use of photos by NGC in print or on our website. The release form for adults and minors can be found under resource links below.
If you have questions regarding Plant America project grants, please contact:
David Robson, Plant America Project Chairman
Click here to see a list of all grant opportunities.