Funding Professional Development
NGC is proud of its college scholarship program which offers financial aid to students majoring in fields of study related to horticulture and the environment. Applicant must be planning a career related to gardening, landscape design, environmental issues, floral design or horticulture. Check your State Garden Club for scholarship opportunities.
2015 Scholarship Winners Announced
Presentations were made at the 86th Annual Convention in Louisville, Kentucky with the theme "Endless Possibilities". Congratulations to our winners and best wishes for your future education!
Scholarship Award Overview
- One-year scholarships are available to undergraduate juniors, seniors and graduate students pursuing a Master's Degree.
- Sophomores may make application for their junior year.
- College/university must be accredited and listed on the official website of the U.S. Department of Education http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx.
Timeline for the Application Process
- March 1: Application due to the State Scholarship Chairman in your state of legal residence
- March 15: Top application from each state received by National Garden Clubs Scholarship Committee
- May: Notification of winners
- July 1: Receipt of information from winners by National Garden Clubs Headquarters
- Late July: Scholarship funds dispersed to College Financial Aid Offices
For more information, contact:
Elaine Gunderson, Chairman: NGC Scholarships