Give the Gift of Water
NGC has partnered with Global Partners Running Waters Inc., a nonprofit organization working in cooperation with the United Nations, to increase access to safe water in Latin America. 1.1 billion people around the world currently get their water from rivers, ponds or other sources subject to contamination. Donations made through NGC will help to bring safe drinking water to villages.
Our continued support of this organization will allow us to make a positive impact on another of their upcoming worthy projects.
To help at your own local level:
- Sponsor a "50 is Nifty" campaign. If nationwide every member would contribute only 50 cents, we would have a sizable contribution to offer.
- Consider a "Drop in the Bucket" collection at your regular events. You can pass a bucket and ask members to contribute loose change.
- Display an educational exhibit about this program at your flower shows and schools to promote awareness.
- Celebrate a special occasion, honor a loved one, or recognize a special achievement with a donation from an individual, club, a district or state. All donations over $25 will be acknowledged with a recognition certificate.
Donations may be made in any amount and will be acknowledged with a printed tax receipt.
- Make checks payable to: National Garden Clubs, Inc.
- Indicate "Global Partners" on the memo portion of your check.
- Please include the name that should appear on the recognition certificate.
Mail checks to:
National Garden Clubs, Inc.
4401 Magnolia Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63110-3492
Past NGC contributions helped to complete a project at Ojo de Agua Quiche. Clean drinking water was brought into this village. Hours that villagers spent walking miles to fill jugs with water can now be used to plant food and raise animals for families. Global Partners Running Waters current major project is to bring potable water to 263 families or 1,578 individuals in Los Llanos, Quiche, Guatemala.
For more information, contact:
NGC World Gardening Chairman