Help Create Hope for a Breast Cancer-Free World!
Promote a Passion for Pink
Plant Pink Flowers Everywhere!
Make a Statement with Pink Flowers for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Hospitals ~ Cancer Centers ~ Memorial Gardens
- Garden Therapy Projects~Private Gardens~Schools
- Community Gardens~Churches~Libraries
- Partner with community groups such as Girl Scouts, local school clubs, and tourism to do plantings; Encourage donations of pink plants for Habitat for Humanity gardens; Use classes of pink flowers on your flower show schedules
- Partner with tourism groups/city leaders to splash pink all over your community; Host a Plant It Pink…Planet Pink! Walk in the spring…Work together to place a pink bench in a focal spot.
Participate in National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Pink is everywhere in the month of October!
This is a great time to plant pink tulips while wearing pink tee shirts with a Plant It Pink ... Planet Pink! logo. Partner with your local Relay For Life and/or local hospital oncology department to participate in a Relay, sell pink Plant It Pink ... Planet Pink! tee shirts, and sell pink tulips and pink ribbons to businesses and homeowners. Proceeds from sales of Plant It Pink ... Planet Pink! events and merchandise will be equally divided by your local garden club and the American Cancer Society.
*Please contact us or ACS at www.cancer.org and 1-800-227-2345 for other ideas.
Take Photos and Submit to Local Newspapers to Promote Plant It Pink ... Planet Pink!
A great way to share your Plant It Pink ... Planet Pink! events, stories, and ideas across the nation is to send photos and project description to be included in the NGC web page.
For more information, or to submit photos and project descriptions, contact:
Carcille C. Burchette, Chairman: NGC Plant It Pink
Donna E. Smith, Vice-Chairman: NGC Plant It Pink