GARDEN TOOLS 4 GARDEN PROJECTS
AMES + NGC = Gardening!
NGC has formed a partnership with The AMES Companies, Inc. for a Garden Tools project. Founded in 1774, AMES is the largest U.S.A. manufacturer of gardening tools. AMES will grant tools up to a total of $5,000 (retail) for approved state or club landscaping projects/programs. The total amount available for all grants is $5,000. Clubs can apply for portions of the $5,000, as this amount is available to share. This partnership started in October 2014.
Follow These Steps
- Download and fill out the Project Entry Form below. Email the completed form to: Elaine Gunderson, NGC AMES Project Chairman
- Or, send a summary of the project, indicating the what, when, why and where of the event. What the project is; what is the garden club involvement in the project; why the tools are needed; what tools are requested (please include name of tool and item number); where the tools are to be securely stored; when the project will take place; where (location) including the address where the tools are to be sent. If you choose to send a written summary, send by email to: Elaine Gunderson, NGC AMES Project Chairman
- Be sure to submit your entry at least one month before your Project Event
- Your project must be approved in order to receive AMES Tools.
- Take photos of your project including the AMES Tools and write a short article to describe the Project
- Send your article, photos, NGC and AMES model releases by email to these 4 people:
If your project is approved, photos are to be taken at the event and a short article written for possible promotion and publicity on NGC's Website, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, The National Gardener and Keeping in Touch publications; plus your own State and Regional newsletters editors.
**Please be sure to complete model release forms for all people appearing in your project photos. There are two model release forms below: one for NGC and one for AMES; both forms are required, one form per person.
Project Entry Form and Model Release Forms
The fillable PDF forms can be opened and typed on using Adobe® Reader®. The forms can be saved and attached to an email for sending. Click here to get Adobe® Reader® free
AMES Tools Information
The AMES Companies, Inc.'s tools and descriptions can be found on these websites:
If you have questions or need more information, contact:
Elaine Gunderson, Chairman: AMES Garden Tools Project